Overview of BlooLoc's full offering
BlooLoc's full offering is illustrated in the scheme on the left side in blue.
It consists of:
- A comprehensive set of software tools that enable our developer and integration partners to make their apps or end-user solutions indoor location-aware.
- Cost effective infrastructure components and mobile trackers in various form-factors
- Support, maintenance and installation services
The yooBee Mobile SDK integrated in a native mobile app will gather the following information:
- RSSI measurements of the advertisement packets that yooBee Sensors transmit
- Measurements from the smartphone's on-board inertial sensors
- Data about the indoor environment (floorplan, calibration data) from the cloud: this has to happen only once at a certain site, so no continuous connection is required.
Based on all this information, the SDK will calculate the position of the smartphone in the venue. This position (x,y) can be kept inside the device for privacy reasons or can be sent to the cloud in case the application requires to know where the smartphone is in a centralized way (this requires connection).
It is also an option to off-load the position calculation to the yooBee Cloud Server, instead of on the smartphone, to minimize battery drain of the device.
Tracking yooBee mobile devices
When in motion, yooBee Trackers are advertising every second. When they are picked up by a yooBee Basestation or yooBee Hub, a communication will start and the tracker gets into "connected" mode. From that moment on, the tracker broadcasts every second its inertial sensor data. yooBee uses a proprietary communication protocol for this. All yooBee Sensors that are in the range of the tracker, will receive these data and each measure the received signal strength (RSSI). The sensors transmit the received data packets, including the RSSI measurements to the yooBee basestation or hub that they are connected with. That basestation or hub acts as a sensor itself, so also has its own RSSI measurements, assembles all received data and transmits it to the yooBee engine in the cloud. The engine has access to the floorplan information of the venue, as well as to the calibration data, that is built up throught machine learning. The engine computes the position of the yooBee Tracker with a 1 per second update rate.